Wellness Veterinary Hospital Privacy Notice
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect and process personal data about you when you:
– visit and/or register on any websites owned and operated by us (including www.wellnessvet.com.hk) (collectively, our “Site”);
– place an order with us as a guest or as a registered user on our Site;
– use a third-party service offered by service providers such as analytics companies, advertising networks and cooperatives, demographic companies, and any other third party service providers that we choose to collaborate or work with, and we obtain your personal data from those third parties;
– provide us with your personal data via: our physical hospital, Wi-Fi, mobile devices, social media platforms/networks or telephone enquiries, your application for or use of our services;
– visit our hospital and your image is captured by our security CCTV; and
– provide us information about your pet(s), including any identification documents, or other documents which you provide to us.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We process personal data for the following purposes:
To conduct our business and pursue legitimate interests, in particular:
– To provide our services to you, including: responding to any questions you may have, providing you with answers to your enquiries both offline or online on our Site; assessing your applications with us for any of our services including, without limitation, dispensing medicine and/or dispensing prescription diet; providing our Pet ID Card to you; and
– We monitor use of our Site and our services (both online and offline), and use your information to help us monitor, improve and protect our content, services and website, both online and offline;
– To analyse trends, usage, and browsing behaviour with us (whether on an individualised or anonymised and aggregated basis), which helps us better understand how you and our collective client base access and use our Site, stores and services, for the purposes of:
– improving our services;
– to respond to customer desires and preferences;
– measuring the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns; and
– conducting marketing activities targeted at external, potential clients (on an aggregated and anonymised basis only).
When you give us consent (if required):
– To provide you with direct marketing communications in relation to products, services, events, offers or promotions under the categories stated below, provided by: (a) us or our related companies (including our affiliate and subsidiary companies), (b) business partners, and (c) other third party providers. Such marketing communications may be in various forms, including advertisements, special events notifications or newsletters, and delivered via various methods in accordance with the personal data that you provide to us, such as by email, SMS, WhatsApp or WeChat messages, smartphone app push notifications, notifications on your social media pages, in–app messaging or postal mail.
Such marketing communications may market or offer products or services (including special events and promotions) in the following categories: hospital services, pet care, pet nutrition, pet health and hygiene, wellness consultation, pet preventative care, information and communications and services, and other products and services related to any of the foregoing, which we think may be relevant to you based on information you provide to us (for instance, via your participation in our surveys); and
– To allow you to register for and participate in our events and promotions, including verifying your identity at those events and promotions as the case may be from time to time.
For purposes which are required by law:
In response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation as may be required from time to time.
When Do We Disclose Your Personal Information?
We may share your personal information with our employees and other parties who require such information to assist us with managing the service we provide to you.
Also, your personal information may be disclosed:
- as permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements;
- to comply with valid legal processes such as search warrants, subpoenas or Court orders;
- as part of Wellness Veterinary Hospital regular reporting activities;
- to protect our rights and property;
- during emergency situations or where necessary to protect the safety of a person or group of persons;
- where the personal information is publicly available; or
- with your consent where such consent is required by law.
In any such a case, we will not disclose more personal information than is required in the circumstances and, except under compulsion of law.
Personal data will also be shared with third party service providers, who will process it on our behalf for the purposes identified in above. In particular, we use the following third party providers:
– Courier services;
– E-mail/SMS/MMS/WhatsApp/WeChat blasting services;
– Data storage and cloud service providers (for storage of your personal data and hosting of applications that process your personal data for the purposes identified in this policy);
– Google, Facebook and other advertising networks (for matching of your personal data with their database in order to send you our direct marketing materials through your Google and/or Facebook account(s));
– Data analytics service providers and agencies in which only anonymised data will be sent to service providers for those purposes identified above.
In the event that our business or any part of it is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
What is our legal basis for using your information?
Privacy laws do not generally require us to obtain your consent for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information for the purpose of establishing and managing our relationship with you. In addition, we may collect, use or disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent where we are permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements to do so.
Where your consent is required this will be requested and recorded in a clear unambiguous way. Where your consent is required for our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, you may, at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and to reasonable notice, withdraw your consent. All communications with respect to such withdrawal or variation of consent should be in writing and addressed to: Shop 5, G/F, 41-59 Tai Tong Road, Kam Long Building, Yuen Long, New Territories, Hong Kong.
How is Your Personal Information Protected?
We endeavour to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information in question. These safeguards are designed to protect your personal information from loss and unauthorised access, copying, use, modification or disclosure.
Your personal information will not normally be processed outside the Hong Kong SAR Area.
How Long is Your Personal Information Retained?
Where we process registration data, we do this for as long as you are an active user of our Site and it is required for business and legitimate interests or legal requirement.
Where we process personal data for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the data until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your data so that we can respect your request in the future.
Updating Your Personal Information
It is important that the information contained in our records is both accurate and current. If your personal information happens to change during the course of your relationship with us, please keep us informed of such changes.
You have a right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed. In some circumstances we may decide to update our record of your personal information by by appending additional text without deleting the original record.
Right of Access to Your Personal Information
Where permitted by law, you have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to correct , delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide to us in a structured, machine readable format, and to ask us to share (port) this data to another controller.
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, where they would infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights) or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. Relevant exemptions are available under applicable laws. We will inform you of relevant exemptions we rely upon when responding to any request you make.
To exercise any of these rights, or to obtain other information, such as a copy of a legitimate interests assessment, you can get in touch with us using the details set out herein above or through our Contact page in our Site.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer when you visit our website.
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of a website.
Analytical/performance cookies: These allow us to measure the number of visitors to our site and to see how visitors move around the pages when they are using it. These cookies collect information in an anonymous form.
Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
This cookie enables us to estimate the number of visitors to our site and site usage
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.